One of the essential questions of this unit is: why is it important to understand proper health care during this time of transition? In gender specific groups, we will be examining the different common reproductive problems for males and females and ways in which these can be prevented.
In your groups, you will be tasked with creating a visual demonstration of your understanding (on butcher paper) of the information presented in the pages listed below:
1) Describe six problems of the female reproductive system p.224-225
2) Describe four ways to prevent common female reproductive problems p.224-225
3) Describe the six common ways to treat female reproductive problems
4) Describe seven problems of the male reproductive system p.220-221
5) Describe four ways to prevent common male reproductive problems p.220-221
6) Describe the six common ways to treat male reproductive problems
When you are finished, display your visual representations around the room and do a gallery walk of the other group’s chart. Take 3 post-it notes and use the CONNECT/EXTEND/CHALLENGE (use one post it note for each) thinking routine and post it on the poster. See below.
|CONNECT:||How are the ideas and information presented
CONNECTED to what you already knew?
|EXTEND:||What new ideas did you get that EXTENDED or pushed your thinking in new directions?|
|CHALLENGE:||What is still CHALLENGING or confusing for you to get your mind around? What ques-tions, wonderings or puzzles do you now have?|