As we begin our unit on Transformations we will be focusing on the Middle East (M.E.) and the current conflicts happening. In particular, we will be focusing on the issues of the Syrian Conflict.
Below is a video that helps to summarize what is going:
Here is a family tree outlining how long the Assad’s have been in power:
Below is a list of the 5 main points of the conflict, taken from the reading we did in class:
- It is now a full blown civil war (Assad vs. the militia)
- It is a proxy war (backed by several different countries)
- Obama Administration wants to negotiate an end
- Chemical Weapons have changed the game
- The “Strike” of Obama needs to take place at his chosen time and place
We’re starting off our Unit 2 with an understanding of the Middle East (M.E.) region. Below are some mapping games that should help familiarize you with the areas, countries, capitals, etc.
Use these games to help you review for our Middle East Map Quiz on Friday, October 25.