Great work on your Tobacco Mixed Media Projects! Everyone did such a great job! We’re now moving on to our last Unit of the the year, Reproductive Health and Relationships. Below you will find the Unit Understandings, Essential Questions, Outcomes, and the chapter in our Textbook that we’ll be working with. If you have any questions at all, feel free to come and see me at any time!
- Students will understand that personal choices can cause or prevent reproductive health problems for males and females.
- Students will understand the physical, mental, and emotional changes they will experience during puberty in preparation for adult.
- Why do we develop at different rates?
- Why is it important to understand proper health care during this time of transition?
- Why do teenagers think differently than adults?
- Why do teenagers experience mood swings?
Students will know :
- the role of the male reproduction system
- the function of each of the organs of the reproductive system
- five things a man can do to keep his reproductive system healthy
- the role of the female reproductive system
- the function of each of the organs in the female reproductive system
- the changes in the body during the menstrual cycle
- five things that a female can do to keep her reproductive system healthy
- the physical changes that occur in boys and girls during adolescence
- the mental and emotional changes that occur during adolescence
- the social changes that occur