- Students will understand personal choices when making healthy decision related to goal setting, physical Fitness and Nutrition.
- Students will understand that the influence of family, peers, culture, media, technology and other factors which affect their health behaviors can aid or hinder their personal health goals.
- Students will understand that practicing health-enhancing behaviors such as personal health goal setting, proper understanding and care of body systems, and proper nutrition can reduce their health risks.
- How can I be health smart?
- Why is regular exercise so essential for everyone?
- What makes a food healthy or unhealthy?
- What does the phrase “You are what you eat” mean to you?
- Why do teens develop unhealthy eating behaviors?
Take a look at this Chapter in our textbook for an overview of health and setting SMART goals for yourself!