WHAT IS IT???
Part 1: BLOG POST
You will be contributing to the class blog about Wellness issues and interests. This blog post should be broken down into two paragraphs and include a relevant image:
- What is the issue or topic all about?
- Why did you choose this issue?
- What did you know already?
- What are your connections? How does it connect to previous learning?
- How is this issue relevant? Why is it important?
- How does/can it affect teenagers?
- What did you learn about this issue?
- How did it expand your learning?
- What is your thinking/opinion about this issue?
- What was interesting/surprising/unexpected?
- How has your thinking changed? How can it be applied to new situations?
- What are some misunderstandings about this topic?
- What are some problems/solutions of this issue?
- How does this influence your thinking about wellness?
- Include an appropriate image with an explanation about how it relates to your issue.
Instructions for posting:
- Go into your GOOGLE CLASSROOM
- Open up the HEALTH BUZZ POST
- Create a “New Document” inside the Health Buzz post and name it – BLOG POST
- Answer the questions above and don’t forget to include an appropriate image
- Attach your presentation to the Health Buzz post as well
- Turn it in!
* You can post your power point/video/link if you like
Part 2: Individual Presentation to the Class
You are then to create a visual presentation to the class (powerpoint, video, prezzie,etc) that will help teach the class what you have learned about your topic.
Tips for Success
- The powerpoint/presentation should limit the amount of text (use question prompts)
- It should be unique and interesting for your peers (please try not to repeat a previous issue)
- Please use notecards & lots of visuals (do not read from the screen and avoid a lot of text on the screen)
- Explain why you chose it (what’s your personal connection – personal interest, relation, etc)
- Explain how the topic relates to wellness (mental, social, physical, environmental, spiritual, emotional)
- Include a complete MLA list of sources (bibliography)
- Attach final presentation into the “Health Buzz post” in your google classroom