Directions: Review the 8 sentences below and with a partner, give each sentence a rating (use our Exemplary-Emerging scale) in terms of how meaningful you think the sentences are and how much they showcase the writers understanding of each word.
- She was upset that the change in the class schedule would hinder her ability to prepare for the upcoming semester assessment.
- His father was a diplomat who was used to cultural differences and differences of opinion when dealing with others.
- They all belonged to a nation.
- Based on the charter, everyone knew exactly how the organization would run.
- They were unsure about the decision to join the League because they felt it would affect their sovereignty as a nation.
- Our group came to a consensus about where we would watch the movie this week.
- He worried that he had big shoes to fill from his predecessor.
- They did the job because of the great incentive.
Now try your hand at creating meaningful sentences using the words below:
- Collective security