Your last performance task for the semester involves taking everything you have learned about Reproductive Health and translating it into a fun, educational, and informative board game for 6th Grade students coming into the 7th Grade. Below you will find everything you need to get started. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! Have fun!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TASK AND RUBRIC:
After you have played the board game with G6 students . . . . .we will have a 10 minute GUIDED discussion in small single gender groups about transitioning into 7th grade.
G7 students will answer this question: What would you tell your younger self about puberty?
IDEAS FOR OTHER DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
UNIT 4 Essential Questions
- Why do we develop at different rates?
- Why do teenagers thing differently than adults?
- Why do teenagers experience mood swings?
- Why is health care important at this time?
- Why do girls experience cramps during their period?
- Why do boys have nipples?
- What do the sex hormones do?
- How do you handle crushes?
- Why do I need to wash more frequently?
- Why do girls and boys think differently?
- What are some zit myths?
- What are the “facts of life”?
- Does having your period mean you can’t do physical activity?
- Will exercise make my breasts bigger?
- What is the female cycle?
- Why do I feel like I want to be independent from my family?
SAMPLE BOARD GAME:
SOURCES FOR YOU TO BROWSE THROUGH: